Tuesday 11 November 2014

A birthday

A day that would've been marked, for more than half of my life, with my at least sending a card, and usually a phone call, but no more. My cousin's birthday. Last year, with the day falling so close to the meltdown between us, any regretful thoughts were overwhelmed by the nightmare that was those early weeks, but now, with rather more distance and perspective, I've been thinking about him more than a little. What happened can never be repaired, not least, and this is the most surprising, and maybe the most hurtful thing of all, because even if he approached me, I wouldn't feel able to trust him anymore. What I can't forget, though, is that he really has been the greatest love of my life. And now it's all gone. Like so much else.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. You can make the next move. You can. I remember, but still...

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      It's not going to happen - it's a chapter of my life that I've accepted has closed. Apart from the possibility of reawakening all the horrors of September 2013. I really don't want to see J again, not because I don't like him, but because I like him too much - and because he likes me a lot, too. It's just not a situation I want to get myself into.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
    2. I gotcha. I'm so sorry. I wish it had turned out differently.

      Peace <3
      Jay

      Delete