Monday 10 November 2014

A cautionary tale

From my own subconscious, no less. I had one of the more vivid dreams of my recent past overnight, and it's illustrated that, even if I try to convince myself otherwise, sometimes - 'the boy on the bus', and all that - I know, if I'm honest with myself, what my future realistically holds. The dream involved a family - not one I recognised as having real-life analogues - I'd somehow befriended, including two brothers, 12-ish and 8-ish. Little bro was childishly affectionate and cuddly, but it was big bro who my dream self was drawn to. Not sexually, though, but wanting nothing beyond love and cuddles. When I did eventually get to hug him, though, he called it 'homo', and shied away. I was left to make abject apologies to him and his family, the dream ending with me looking down on him at a bus stop, as if I was in a helicopter, my heart aching. A psychological truth being told, I think - in this day and age, even friendship, never mind anything more, with a boy is out of my reach forever. That realisation hurts like hell, but if I believe anything else, it's simply delusion.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. It's a shame that society is raising their kids to think that all male-male contact is wrong. Thank God RB doesn't think that way.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      A shame, but hardly a surprise. It's a vicious circle, the paranoia and hysteria feeding on itself, and shutting different groups off ever more completely. A microcosm of society in general, if you think about it.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete