Tuesday 4 November 2014

Not helpful

I'm in 'second string' Wetherspoons, sitting close to a TV playing the BBC News Channel with the sound muted. They've just screened a lengthy report, which I surmise to have been about regional political autonomy, given the 'talking heads' in evidence, focusing on Cornwall. I recognised just about every scenery backdrop they showed, and all that was going through my head was 'home, home, home'. Most of the time, I can cope with most of what's been lost in the past two and a half years, but losing Cornwall, if I think about it too much, is very difficult to come to terms with. I'm feeling very homesick just now.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. I get you. When I moved to Virginia, the loss of West Virginia was tough. At least I had reason to go back over the years.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Even though there's nothing in Cornwall for me now except memories, K being here and my ex back in the Midlands, it's still 'home' as far as I'm concerned. I still don't know if I'll ever go back, but, if the circumstances were right, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
    2. Got a friend who might sell you his house for about £400,000!!! 100 meters from the cliffs above the Bay of St. Ives!

      Peace <3
      Jay

      Delete
    3. Hello Jay
      Knock a couple of zeroes off of that valuation and I might just be able to afford it! Very nice part of the world, though, even if my heart is more in what used to be Caradon until the unitary authority came in a few years back.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete