Monday 17 November 2014

Saints and magpies

No, I haven't suddenly changed my AFL allegiance! I'm still the same masochist I ever was, and a member again for the first time in three years - I dropped out for financial reasons originally, and then, with all the upheavals in the intervening time, I hadn't got round to renewing. I've treated myself  - my Christmas present, if you like - to an international digital subscription, though, so I'll be able to watch all my beloved team's heavy defeats next season! The expensive unlimited broadband that only K seems to use to its full potential will soon be getting a good workout!
The 'magpies' reference was to do with the old rhyme, 'one for sorrow....', and all that. I saw four of the birds together in the communal garden when I was getting ready to go to work yesterday, and, as most doubtless know, it's 'four for a boy'. But it was K who got the boy, not me. It seems that she's well on the way to being 'an item' with yet another cutie - she showed me his picture on her phone - in her year at school, and who lives all of one bus stop away from us. I'm so bloody jealous! But not really, I just want her to be happy, of course. Although I can't help thinking that I wouldn't mind a little bit of happy for me, too.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I hope your sports are enjoyable and may your team always win!

    At last there will be some eye candy around!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      If my team win more than the four games (of 22) that they did this year in the forthcoming season, I'll be amazed! To say they've got a young and inexperienced team is a major understatement. But that's what being a supporter is, sticking to your team through thick and (mostly!) thin.
      We'll see about the eye candy - K knows me all too well, and might want to keep her cutie out of my reach, even visual!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete