Friday 21 November 2014

Waste of a good day off

I finished my latest run of night shifts at 7:00 this morning, and my intention was to head home, have breakfast, get ready and go out and about. Sadly, though, my metabolism wasn't having any of it, and I ended up asleep for three hours instead. By the time I did eventually drag myself into the outside world, it was almost 2:00, so, inadvisedly, I went looking for 'the boy on the bus'. Needless to say, I didn't find him, despite my timing not being too far off - there were a number of pupils from his school on the bus I caught - so, having nothing much else on my agenda, I headed straight for my local, where I've been ever since. Another day of spectacular underachievement. And, given that I'm off for eight of the next nine days, the first of many to come, I suspect.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I get 16 days in December/January with no plans! I am so happy.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      'No plans' is nice, sometimes. But when it's most, if not all of the time, it's not so alluring. I guess it just proves the old adage about 'too much of a good thing'.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete