Saturday 8 November 2014

Easy go, but not so easy come

My return to work tomorrow will, including commuting time, cost me twelve hours of my life, and earn me around £150, give or take, after tax and National Insurance. Not bad for a day's work, it could be said, certainly compared to many. The irony is, though, that I spent almost exactly that much in five minutes in our local town centre at midday today, all on K - renewing her monthly bus pass, so she can get to school, topping up the pay-as-you-go element of her Oystercard, so she can tube around town, as is her wont, and making sure she had enough money for her weekend doings, including meeting up with a friend today, and for her dinner money and the like for next week. I don't begrudge her the cash for a moment, but the ease of my parting with it, as against the time it takes to earn it, is interesting, to say the least!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Oh lord don't we all go through this! I am dreading the trip to the grocery tomorrow. SEVERAL days pay will vanish, I am sure!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      All part of the joys of wage slavery, of course! The first of each month is the worst, when something like 35% of everything I earn (after the government's depredations) disappears in one electronic transaction - paying the rent, needless to say.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete