Thursday 20 November 2014

The worst bit of good luck I've had for a while

I got away from work an hour early this morning, through various people being on overtime, and coming in early or staying on, which normally, of course, would be a thoroughly good thing. It didn't quite work out that way, though - I needed to go shopping on the way back (the supermarket I was heading for is one of the 24 hour opening variety), so that by the time I'd got there, and made my purchases, I emerged for my bus home right into the teeth of the rush hour, including 'travelling to school' time. I just missed one bus, the next one mysteriously failed to appear, despite being listed on the TfL 'countdown' app, so it was hardly surprising that when one did finally appear, it was ridiculously over-subscribed. To the extent that I had to go two stops beyond where I needed to go, because it was physically impossible for me, from my top deck position, to get off the bus before then, when numerous schoolkids alighted and reduced the crush to below 'cattle truck' level. The only saving grace was finding myself sitting a couple of rows of seats behind a very pretty boy - very young, only 9 or 10, so unequivocally in 'look but never touch' territory - and more than a little reminiscent of DBJ at that age, the age he was when I first saw him. A sweet taste, in the midst of an otherwise thoroughly frustrating couple of hours.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes things happen for a reason!
    Cool!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I don't know whether the cutie qualifies as good luck or bad, really, given how he reminded me of that far-off beautiful boy who changed everything. Not that many days go by without DBJ coming into my mind, anyway, I guess.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete