Sunday 16 November 2014

The wrong kind of love

'Love is all you need', as the Beatles lyric has it. It has, so it seems, though, got to be the right sort of love to have the slightest chance of finding societal acceptance. Some comments on a blog post elsewhere that I've read this morning make that clear. Even those whose own version of love is widely vilified aren't immune from demonising the love of others. Shit flows downhill, as ever. Well, here's my twopennyworth - if it's shared, genuinely, by both (or all) parties concerned, without coercion of any kind, physical, emotional, psychological, then love can never be wrong. I dreamed about DBJ the night before last, for the first time in years, and the dream was of a shared love, nothing more. There never was love between us in reality, and almost certainly never could have been, but if he had known of my love for him, accepted it, and returned it, would it have been wrong, just because of the age difference? Not as far as I'm concerned. But then, I would say that, wouldn't I? Because I'm the lowest of the low, after all.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I hear you. We've become so worried that any sort of contact is damaging that it's preventing people from learning what kind of relationships are OK and which aren't. I was almost afraid to shake a 14yo's hand today with his dad, stepdad, family friend and my best friend standing there.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Your reaction to the boy was what I've been going through for years and years. Staying away, because of concerns about the assumptions people make. The 'always think the worst' attitude is so damaging, in my opinion, driving totally unnecessary wedges between people who should really have no problems in interacting. It makes me wonder what it might be like another generation on, when the young people who've been brought up in the current paranoiac atmosphere become parents themselves. Everyone terrified of everyone else? It hardly bears thinking about.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete