Monday 3 November 2014

Tired, in spades

Well, I made it through the nights, just - on my way to work on Friday, I felt so rough I didn't think I had any chance of even getting through that shift, never mind its two successors - and now I'm into another week off. After a week of averaging about four and a half hours sleep a day, though, I'm so bloody shattered that I can hardly think. I usually manage nights fairly well, so why this particular week should have been such a struggle is a bit of a mystery - I certainly can't blame K's half-term holiday, because she was hardly at home all week, and she isn't exactly rowdy in any case. Maybe 35 years of shift work is finally starting to catch up with me.
I thought another crisis was in the process of descending yesterday, too - my laptop had a fit of refusing to load any web pages at all, despite the broadband working as it should. My finances are still sort-of, kind-of OK, but I certainly wouldn't want to be rushing off to PC World, or equivalent, to buy a replacement. Everything was, seemingly, back to normal this morning, though, so I'll just have to hope it was one of those unaccountable glitches us non-techies look at with glazed-over eyes, desperate that 'switching it off, and switching it back on again' works the oracle!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I slept like a log almost through the entire weekend, and wound up so tired today I could hardly get out of bed. RB was in the same boat. And all we did was have lunch together on Saturday! HAHAHAHA

    Sometimes, it makes a computer happy to be shutdown, then when you boot it up, hit F8 and boot to Safe Mode. Let it load completely, and then just do a restart to normal Windows. I do not know why that is the case, but it works for me! Also, make sure you do a power off, power on restart at least every few days (not just sleeping or a "restart"). That completely clears the memory, and kills any stuck applications.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I crashed out very early last night, helped out by a few beers in my local yesterday afternoon, so I'm a bit more compos mentis this morning.
      The laptop seems to be back to normal, too - I do normally shut it down completely when I'm not in the flat, my paranoia wouldn't allow anything else! - so, hopefully, it was just hung up on something. I can use the Kindle, but it isn't as user-friendly for either browsing or, especially, for typing.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete