Thursday 13 November 2014

Another anniversary

But one which, in contrast to my reaction to my cousin's birthday, raised barely an emotional ripple - in fact, I almost forgot about it altogether. It was a big deal not so long ago, though, albeit only ever to me, because the other person involved never remembered it, from beginning to end. Yesterday, November 12, marked the 23rd anniversary of the day I met my ex. I used to call it 'our alternative anniversary', and always bought her a little present and a card. This time, though, I didn't even think of it until about twenty minutes to midnight, more or less a third of the way through my one-off overtime night shift. I'm not sure whether my forgetting the day is good or bad - am I starting to get over what happened, or am I so dead inside that nothing matters anymore? I certainly don't know the answer to that question.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I hope that perhaps neither, perhaps it's just less significant because it deserves to be so. So maybe this is you getting over it more and more. Good on you!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I honestly don't know, as I said in the post. Some days, my life seems utterly pointless and empty, but others can have a much more positive feel about them. But 'getting over it'? Unlikely, sadly.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete