Saturday 26 November 2011

I was going to rant, but I haven't got the energy

Another morning of seething at work at more rank hypocrisy from some of my colleagues. I had a rant full of expletives in my head, and had I written this post a few hours ago, this corner of cyberspace would have been blue, but the after effects of six consecutive early starts rounded off by a twelve hour shift today have drained all the fight out of me for the moment. Suffice it to say that the usual double standards were out in force - amongst the cesspits of egregious bullshit was the tale of the young son of a friend of someone at work who had received a series of crudely suggestive text messages from a girl, which was seen as highly amusing, despite the fact that the boy was seemingly deeply upset by the situation, but, needless to say, if I'd done something similar, as a boylover, and it had come to light, I'd probably have been taken out into the car park and lynched. I'm so sick of these sorts of attitudes, and the fact that I can't, in any remotely feasible way, have my say without collapsing the whole edifice of my life reduces me, at times, to almost inarticulate frustration.
There is a brighter side, though, for a change. My back is substantially better today, so it looks as though my diagnosis was wildly out (although I'd still like to know what was wobbling about at the base of my spine the other night), and I've found a picture of an awesomely lovely (and fully clothed, I hasten to add) boy on one of the eye candy sites I visit reasonably often, which I've added to my very small (less than 10 in over two years) collection of 'borrowed' internet images. Best of all, after my late shift tomorrow, I'm off for 11 days. I won't be home until Monday lunchtime, which will be half a day gone already, but I'm still not complaining. Living a reasonably normal life for almost a fortnight is as much as I can hope for at the moment.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. The double standards are everywhere...drives me crazy.

    Enjoy your days off!1

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    Work was a lot less of a teeth-grinding experience today, I'm relieved to say, probably because I wasn't working with the arch-bigot, unlike yesterday. And I'm certainly looking forward to heading for home in the morning.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete