Thursday 17 November 2011

On the rocks?

I really think it might have happened this time. The actual cause was trivial - isn't it always? - but the underlying tensions magnified the effect, and led to some very bitter things being said. Whether I'm still here tomorrow, or whether my wife is still here tomorrow, remains to be seen. After an hour or so to calm down and assess the aftermath, what convinces me this is more likely to be terminal than its precursors is that I don't feel that distressed. It would be an exaggeration to say I don't care, but I don't care as much as I feel I should if I wanted to retrieve the situation. Even my daughter, who was distraught the last time there was a major fall out, seems to be relatively sanguine this time, as though she knows, instinctively, that this might be on a different level.
Call me selfish, whatever, but I really have got to a point where I don't think I can accept being treated as the 'root of all evil' any longer. It takes two to make an argument, I know that, and I'm not claiming to be a totally innocent victim, but it's all getting to be too much, if it hasn't reached that point, and beyond, already.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

5 comments:

  1. Sammy

    I've been "out of the loop" for a while, and I haven't yet caught up with all your recent posts.

    I don't know what the best outcome is for you - to stay together or to part company - but I hope you can find your way to it quickly and with as little pain as possible.

    *hugs*

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, Sammy. I hate to hear about situations like this. I'm so sorry, because I don't think "apart" is really what either of you want, but as you say, perhaps it's gotten to the point where for the good of everyone, apart is better.

    I, too, hope that you find your way as quickly and painlessly as possible.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mark & Jay
    This morning hasn't elucidated the situation - there was very little conversation before my wife went to work, but my first impression was that she wanted to carry on as if nothing had happened. I, personally, don't think that's possible - carrying on might be possible, but pretending last night didn't happen isn't going to solve anything. The only way a conclusion is going to be reached is through communication, whatever that conclusion proves to be.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe a mutual timeout between the two of you to sort your feelings out? Just a thought. Hope things will solve for the best.

    Love
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Daniel
    I don't know yet what's going to happen, but some sorting out certainly is necessary, however we facilitate that. Thank you for your concern.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete