Monday 7 November 2011

One step forward, three back

I've spent something like 20 of the past 36 hours either at work or travelling to and from work, and most of the rest asleep. And where do we find ourselves at the end of it? Another lurching step towards financial meltdown. This is an old mantra, of course, but - why do I bother? It's like the myth of quicksand - the more you struggle to escape, the more quickly you're sucked under. Aside from the vanishingly unlikely chances of winning the lottery, the only way out of the vicious circle seems to be to pull the plug and be left with almost literally nothing to show for three decades and more of work. Or death. But that's not a preferred option.
Even finishing work early enough this morning to catch my preferred train back to 'domicile-ville' didn't work out as well as I'd hoped - on a train heavily patronised by cute boys, where did I end up? In a bay of seats surrounded by late teenage girls on their way to college! Most 'men of a certain age' would doubtless have enjoyed the experience, but, certainly in this context, I'm not 'most men'. Just my luck, I guess.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. And Saturday night I got to walk around Shockoe Bottom in Richmond watching two of the cutest I've seen in a LONG time! I missed parts of the tour spiel, my mind was "in the gutter".

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    Sounds like a splendid way to spend a Saturday evening. Who cares about the patter, anyway!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete