Tuesday 15 November 2011

Time to give up, I suspect

When even liberal, rationalist, humanist bloggers, from relatively liberal and rational countries like Canada come out with statements like 'there's no such thing as child sexual abuse, it's all rape', it's probably time for me to admit that there's no place for me in this world. I'm used to the kneejerk haters, the ones I'd never agree with on anything at all, but when people who are on approximately the same wavelength as me on many issues hate what I want so vehemently, there really is nowhere left for me to go. Of course, the argument would doubtless be that I don't deserve a place to go, apart from hell or jail, or hell via jail, and anything I might say to the contrary is my trying to defend the indefensible, again. Maybe I am just an Orwellian 'minority of one', and, as such, an 'unperson'.
'You do not exist'. Not in any way conducive to personal fulfillment, anyway.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure this applies to you, though, since you haven't sexually abused (or raped) anyone.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    The issue is the hatred of what I want, and the consequent impossibility of ever being myself, of ever finding 'my' place. Selfish, undoubtedly, that I should even have hope of getting what I want in the face of the righteous disapproval of the world at large. I've just had enough of swimming against the tide, hence the title of the post. Plan B may be imminent.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete