Wednesday 30 November 2011

Busy doing nothing

It's been that sort of day - I haven't really done anything very much, but I've been far from being bored. Life's too short to waste it being bored, anyway. I have nibbled away at my 'dystopian future' story a little bit, so there are a few more paragraphs of that in the draft now, I've been nominally looking after my daughter, as she was off school today because of the public sector workers strike, but she's largely been doing her own thing during the day (including not getting up until almost midday - anyone would think she's a teenager!), I've cooked the evening meal, I've helped (in a very small way) my wife collate some information for a report she's got to write for work, and I'm now sitting here typing this, drinking a glass or two of Chardonnay and watching football on TV. All pretty inconsequential, really. The sort of day where, had I decided to stay in bed for the duration, nothing, in global terms, would have been different. But just being at home, enjoying the amenities that entails, and seeing the people I care about the most, is satisfying in itself. That makes me a good candidate for early retirement, I think, in all respects except one - I can't afford it. Meh!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! A good day!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Sammy,
    I went to retire earlier - and I do not regret it. I've never been boring.
    Also I like a good wine - but I'm more on red wine - my favorite is Lemberger (Red wine places in southern Germany).
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jay
    Yes, not a bad day at all. 'Absence makes the heart grow fonder', or so they say, and, in my case, that is as applicable to being in my own front room almost as much as to the people here.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guten Tag Nikki
    It would certainly suit me to be at home, and to be able to 'do my own thing' in my own time, but it's little more than a daydream at the moment. Who knows what's around the corner, though?

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete