Wednesday 23 November 2011

Mundanity

It says something about the lack of excitement in my life when the most noteworthy event of the day was the discovery that a new supermarket has opened a few minutes' walk away from my accommodation. It's a branch of the supermarket chain where we do most of our shopping at home, and is a fair bit cheaper than the shop I've used most of the time since I've been staying here, and with a somewhat bigger inventory, too. There you are, I'm waxing lyrical about a shop - shows how much of a non-event my lifestyle in Surrey is!
Despite the fact that it was early afternoon, and before the end of the school day, when I was shopping, there was one moderately attractive cutie wandering around the store, seemingly on his own. We got as far as eye contact, and, for a rash moment, I was almost tempted to speak to him, but it would, no doubt, have been a thoroughly bad decision had I succumbed to that impulse. There is no way, it seems, of breaking through the wall of paranoia and distrust, on my part as well as on the part of boys like today's example, in the present climate of hysteria.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I've had nothing in days...no eye candy at all, other than a glimpse or two while travelling, in rest break areas.

    Glad you've discovered cheaper place to buy groceries, I always like saving money!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    He was the only cutie of note I've seen this week, apart from a very fleeting glimpse of a blond boy on the station on Monday - they must be hibernating! Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete