Wednesday 3 July 2013

Choked up

As is my wont, I switched the computer on when I woke this morning, to see what had been going on in Blogland overnight. And I found this post. To say it left me feeling emotional is a considerable understatement, for many reasons. I haven't followed the blog concerned publicly, because I wasn't sure how much attention the blog owner would have wanted (not that my sleepy corner of cyberspace would generate that much traffic!), but it is a blog full of amazing music, including a few - far too few - original works by the very talented young man concerned. Anyone who's read this blog for any length of time will know that I've always had a massive soft spot for that young man, ever since he first came to cyberspace as a 13 year old, and I hope very much that the new path he's embarking on from today will allow him to find the happiness and fulfillment he so richly deserves. Be happy, David, always.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

6 comments:

  1. Awesome song, guys!!!

    Lennon/McCartney, look out!!!

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      Thanks - David did the hard bit, of course, I just used a couple of sentences he wrote in his blog and a Wikipedia entry to come up with a few words to go with his wonderful music.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. It's a cool song, Sammy, you two make a great songwriting team! And he's off on a cool adventure. This is something he needed to do. As much as he cares about Nic, he knew he needed to be with his uncle.

    If you're not familiar with Austin, it has an amazing music scene - complete with Austin City Limits, a long running television show that tends to showcase artists in live performances in their studio that are much like many of David's posts - obscure, different, special, with an occasional superstar or former superstar thrown in. I doubt he'll like the heat, but if they make it to Denver, that'll change!

    I listened to the song about 4 times, and read and re-read the post. I think the tears are for joy.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I was rather overwhelmed when I saw the post, very emotional, but in a good way - I'm really happy for David about the new direction he's taking, even if it means we lose him from cyberspace temporarily.
      I'd heard about the music scene in Austin - Planet Rock are playing a lot of Gary Clark Jr (right now, as I type this, actually!), and they've talked about what a hotbed of music the city is. If that gives David the chance to develop his undoubted talents, all the better. I don't know about my 'career' as a lyricist, though - one 'songwriting credit' is one more than I ever expected, but I guess I'd be open to offers!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
    2. Hey...Francis Scott Key only had one hit, much to the King's chagrin!

      :-)

      -Andy

      Delete
    3. Hello Andy
      Along with many others, on the one hit front! I hope David's musical career flourishes - if that's what he wants, of course - and if anyone likes my minor contribution, that's a bonus for me, but otherwise insignificant.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete