Wednesday 31 July 2013

House hunting

Only the online version, as yet, but I've spent a fair amount of time in recent days looking at what's on the market at the moment, with most of my attention focused on areas close to, or easily accessible from, 'worktown'. I know I've talked a lot about moving back to Cornwall (and one place I saw on a website this afternoon, in Looe, with views over the estuary and the sea had me wanting to jump on the next westbound train!), and if there was only me to consider, I'd probably already have done it, but there's my daughter, too. We had a longish chat on Sunday, and she's still keen on the idea of moving to the London area, for her further education, at least, so it wouldn't exactly be the brightest idea for me to head west more or less as she's looking to head east. There are also the financial implications of her university career, if that's what she chooses to do, and it certainly is what she wants to do at the moment, and there's no doubt at all that I can earn far more money by staying where I am, allowing me to be in a position to help her along the way until she graduates and can go on to being fully independent. She's coming up in a fortnight's time for a few days, and although I've got to work part of the time she'll be here, aside from the activities she's got planned for her visit, we should get a chance to discuss scenarios in more detail, which, in turn, will hopefully put me in a better position to make a decision about what's best for me to do in the medium term. As I've said before, I've been drifting more than a little over the past year or so, and the idea of having a definite 'plan', a specific direction to head in, is long overdue.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment