Wednesday 17 July 2013

Fingers crossed

I'll be leaving for work shortly, to set about the first shift actually doing what I'm paid for since May 8. I'm hoping for a reasonably gentle reintroduction, but the hot weather and some of the equipment and infrastructure don't mix too well, so I may be hoping in vain. Oh well - let's see how it goes!

2145 edit: It didn't go too badly, really - the kit largely held together, despite it supposedly being the hottest day of the year so far, and I seemed not to have forgotten everything about the job over the past couple of months. I'm not quite fully back into the routine yet, though - I'm off tomorrow for my follow-up outpatient appointment and chest X-ray with the thoracic consultant and/or his team. More hospital - don't you just love it!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I'll bet being back at work was a relief in many ways! Having that routine is probably a good thing. Glad it all worked right, we're dealing with lousy/failing air conditioning in several of our older buildings and it is causing us no end of issues. ARGH!

    Do the hospital personnel know you on a first-name basis yet? Do you have a reserved parking space? HAHAHAHA I hope it's more good news.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I'm not entirely convinced about the joys of work - I'm pretty lazy at heart! I do appreciate not being stuck in limbo, though.
      Hopefully, I'll be discharged from everything other than the anticoagulant clinic after today, which will make my hospital trips fewer and further between - I'm pretty sick of the sight of the place, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete