Monday 22 July 2013

Not everyone

I saw a few minutes of the BBC news when I was on my break at work this morning, amongst which was a headline graphic quoting David Cameron as saying that 'everyone's excited' about the impending arrival of the royal baby. Sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I'm not excited at all - in fact, I'm pathologically disinterested. I've got absolutely nothing against the royal family - in fact, I think the monarchy is a good idea, if only because of the tourist revenue it generates - and I certainly wish the Duchess of Cambridge and her offspring no harm, but for Cameron, it's just a welcome distraction from the mess he and his cohorts are making of running the country. Politicians - hate them or loathe them, you can't possibly like them! (With apologies to Douglas Adams for shamelessly stealing a HHGttG line!)

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you. Had I not noticed it in my Twitter feed, I'd not known the baby was born, and that it was a boy. Couldn't care less, for much the same reasons you list - same applies over here - don't care about that which does not matter!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I didn't know the child had actually been born until I read your comment as I was getting ready to go to work this morning. The news has been full of nothing else today, needless to say. I'm still not excited!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Hi Sammy
    Don't worry I feel exactly the same! I have nothing against the Royal family but I still can't help the fact I'm just not interested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Callum
      Opium for the masses, I'm afraid! Still, I'm sure the sellers of tacky memorabilia are having a field day.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete