Saturday 6 July 2013

Trying to drum up some enthusiasm

It's a beautiful, blue sky morning here in Surrey, and forecast to be warm and sunny all day, if not all weekend, I'm not back to work until Monday, but I'm still finding it difficult to find the motivation to get ready to go out and do something. My first week back at work has been far from taxing - I'd almost go so far as to say my wages for this week qualify as 'legalised theft'! - I've had a pretty good night's sleep, I'm probably into the 80%+ range in terms of my overall health, and I've got the memory of all those weeks, both in and out of hospital, over the past couple of months when I was effectively under 'house arrest', but the impetus to get out there and take advantage of the summer is still elusive. I should probably thrash myself into getting showered and out of the building as soon as I can, to enjoy myself, like it or not, before I come up with any more excuses for inaction. After all, this being the UK, one nice weekend could be all the summer we get!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling, Sammy. I'm off until 16th July, and getting up and moving has been TOUGH. I bailed on the gym this morning, and slept until 1:00PM!!! And I'm only recovering from the hangover generated by last night's party. (Not really, I had to drive, so I had little drink - I just couldn't get to sleep when I got home.)

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      The post was a bit of a self-addressed memo, in a way, part of the process of persuading myself to get my arse in gear - and it worked, because I did get out, spending a few hours in London, enjoying a little eye candy and visiting my 'London local' for the first time in nearly three months, although I managed to restrain myself, and only had two pints! Definitely better than sitting in my room all day.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete