Monday 1 July 2013

Back to work....without any work

My return to work, after seven and a half weeks, was more than a bit pointless, in all honesty. Because I'd been off long enough for it to be deemed that I need an occupational health assessment before I can actually go back to doing what I'm paid for, and the appointment for that hadn't come through, I was, after my 'return to work' interview with my new boss, the first time I'd met him in person, completely surplus to requirements. I couldn't even take one of the positions over for a few minutes to allow someone an extra break, or an early finish, and, as a result, ended up sitting around doing nothing for five hours until it was decided that my being there any longer didn't have any value, and I was allowed to escape. Shortly before I left, the aforementioned appointment was confirmed - on Thursday week, meaning that my 'redundancy' is going to carry on for at least a week and a half. I have been slotted in to do things for the next couple of days, an assessment tomorrow, and a briefing day, here in 'domicile-ville', on Wednesday, but, beyond that, there are going to be several more days like today, seemingly. It's all a matter of the company following their policies, but it's frustrating that now I am finally fit enough to attend, I'm not allowed to do my job until I'm poked and prodded by yet another doctor.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it sucks. At least they won't make you sign shit saying you won't do something you hadn't ever done nor intended to, just to keep your job. I understand your job's sentiments, not mine.
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      It's a pain, but my new boss seems keener on the 'letter of the law' than his predecessor, so I'll just have to grin and bear it for another week or so. As you say, at least I'm not having to sign my life away.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete