Tuesday 9 July 2013

Unmedicated

Partly by accident, partly by design, I've had my first pharmaceutical free day for months today. I had to rush to get out on time this morning, and forgot to take my heart meds, while I was advised by the anticoagulant clinic not to take my rat poison this evening, because they seem to have overestimated my dose, so that my blood is too runny at the moment. I'll be back onto all the pills tomorrow, though, so it's only a temporary respite.
All of this medication is my major concern as I approach my (outsourced) company medical on Thursday. I've got no doubt that I'm fit to do my 'real' job, as opposed to the bits and pieces I've been involved with since last Monday, but the company is so risk averse that I'm far from confident that their criteria will include me as I am now, particularly in terms of the potential effects of my medication. I've got rather mixed feelings about the outcome - part of me wants to be seen as 'fit for purpose' once more, but there's also a streak of almost hoping to be failed, to give me the chance to go back home and do other things. Whatever the decision, I've got a long weekend, off from Friday till Tuesday, to come, so I'll have plenty of time to think about the implications.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I try hard not to miss my blood pressure meds. Fortunately, they're not combined with things like blood thinners. Hope the medical goes well, if for no other reason than to reinforce that you are getting better!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I'm usually pretty conscientious about taking my pills, but I only remembered that I hadn't taken them while I was walking up to the station yesterday morning, by which time it was too late to double back and make good my lapse. As I said in the post, what constitutes the medical going well isn't quite clear yet. I've been toying with the idea of early retirement, at least from my current job, for a while, as you know, so a medical nudge in that direction might not be so unwelcome. I should know, one way or the other, by tomorrow lunchtime.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete