Tuesday 10 September 2013

New kit

The first post written on my new laptop, which I went out to buy this morning after the old one died, seemingly irrevocably, of a hard drive attack last night. Albeit that the old laptop is an inanimate object, I did feel a little bit of sadness at its passing - I've had it for seven or eight years, used it on probably 95% of the days I've owned it, written a substantial majority, maybe 75%, of my blog posts on it, wasted many an hour playing games on it, and even used it for a few serious and worthwhile things. Not exactly an old friend, but a thoroughly useful and valued piece of technology. Still, in with the new, and here's hoping that this new bit of kit will perform as reliably, and for as long, as its predecessor.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Clearly you've figured out how to log on! HAHAHAHAHA And how to type on the new keyboard HAHAHAHAHAHA And yeah, when mine die, I feel the same way. Were that it only an inanimate object I were mourning tonight.

    Most last 6-8 years given proper care, until something physically wears out or the owner decides he can't deal a computer slower than his brain!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I hesitated to draw even a loose comparison with real loss in present circumstances, but it did reflect how I felt. I haven't really begun to explore the capabilities of the new computer or its rather different interface - sorry, I did end up with Windows 8! - but, yes, I can at least get online and navigate my way here!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete