Saturday 28 September 2013

Throwaway

Ever had the experience of someone saying something which, to them, is a complete throwaway, but which, to you, has far, far more significance? I had just such an experience in 'worktown' Wetherspoons when I called in for a couple of drinks after work this evening. I was wearing a shirt declaring my allegiance (strictly in an 'armchair fan' sense these days) to a certain Cornish rugby club. A woman commented, without the slightest encouragement from me, that I was 'a long way from home'. In more ways than you can possibly imagine, lovey.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, yeah. I wore my university sweatshirt to a gathering last night. They almost beat the hosts' alma mater in American football last weekend (it took 3 overtimes in what is usually a rout). It made for some good conversation!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I wasn't laughing at the time, it actually upset me rather, but maybe that's because I'm struggling, even by my standards, at the moment. 24 hours on, though, and I can look back and see that it was just a throwaway, and treat it in that light.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete