Friday 20 September 2013

Shop till you drop

Well, not quite, but the most time I've spent shopping, or travelling to shop, in many a long day. I've actually spent the princely sum of £75 on a new jumper and shirt, and a much-postponed new backpack - the zip on my current one is worn out, and keeps coming undone at random moments, not recommended when my Kindle and camera are usually amongst its contents. And speaking of much-postponed, I finally got around to having a grievously needed haircut - as usual, given my 40+ year aversion to haircuts, it was the mess atop my head which finally annoyed me enough to persuade me into the barber's chair!
And, for another link, more annoyance - I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but sometimes you come across someone who's so irritating that all you want to do is to put your fist down their throat, and such was my reaction to a guy on the bus when I was en route to where I am now (yes, it is a pub!). He was talking, very loudly, on a mobile phone, to, presumably, a friend of his, who he was trying to persuade (seemingly unsuccessfully, and who could blame the unseen party!) to come out with him this evening. I don't think I've ever heard the words 'bruv' and 'innit' so many times in such a short space of time in my life, and when he started to go on about 'my pills' that 'will get you completely off your tits', I was ready to open the emergency exit and throw him out onto the road. Fortunately, my stop intervened, and I got off of the bus before the temptation to violence became overwhelming!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

1 comment:

  1. I hate shopping for clothes! I had to go get a shirt for the funeral, it was $50!!! And I didn't even like it. To top it off, I found one in the closet I liked better and wore it instead. I, too, need a haircut. I have no aversion except to spending the money just to make my hair look OK. It will NEVER look handsome or glamorous. And I wish I had an EMP generator that could simply silently destroy the phones of idiots like the one you encountered. I had to make a couple of evasion maneuvers tonight on the way home to avoid being hit by an ass in a car yapping away on their mobile. Even honking at them failed to return their attention to the damn road!!! I am now sipping bourbon.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete