Saturday 7 September 2013

Repressive, authoritarian, vile

But, I'm afraid, not at all surprising. Toe our bigoted line, or we'll take your livelihood away. The idea of a person being sacked just for attending the wedding of a friend, or even a sibling, to pander to the supposed whims of an imaginary deity disgusts me. Religious freedom. The very phrase is an oxymoron, as far as I'm concerned. Freedom is only to be found by living in the real world, following the principles of rationality, not in being enslaved by baseless, worthless superstition, in my opinion.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I suspect the group will lose many chaplains. Just as many of the fundamentalists churches are losing members. They are steadily aging, and fewer and fewer young people are joining them, mostly because of the bigotry and hate.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I hope you're right - in fact, I hope very much that all flavours of religion lose all of their adherents, and that everyone starts to live in the real world, guided by evidence-based tenets instead of Bronze Age superstitions. I'm not holding my breath in expectation of any such outcome, though.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete