Thursday 5 September 2013

The (blind) rat race

A microcosm of modern life as I got off the train at 'domicile-ville' station on my way back from work this morning. Before I even made it onto the platform, another alighting passenger, nose to his mobile phone, texting furiously, almost walked straight into me, while once I was actually on the platform, I seemed to be walking against a tide of people single-mindedly heading for their trains, and woe betide anyone who stood in their way, or even caused them to deviate a millimetre from their chosen path. The 'me generation', and no mistake. One of those experiences that makes the idea of being a hermit on an otherwise uninhabited island (preferably a sunny one!) very alluring!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I drive through 22 miles of that crap every morning and afternoon! I'd rather walk, because like you, you'd have to run into me pretty hard to do anything more than hurt yourself!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Yes, the motorised version of the phenomenon is far more frustrating and annoying. It was definitely the theme of yesterday, though - there was another example outside 'worktown' station when I got back there last night, a thirty-something man, head down, ploughing on, absolutely oblivious to me or anyone else. It's a good job there weren't any small children about, he'd have mown them down without a shred of conscience!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete