Wednesday 4 September 2013

The muse stirs - maybe

The (visual) encounters with boys over the past couple of days have set thought processes in motion, and I've begun writing a new story this afternoon. I'm afraid that, if it does come to fruition, it's going to be in a genre I've visited many times before, but I'll try not to make it too much of the 'same old, same old'. The problem I have, though, is the one encapsulated in the 'all fiction is autobiography' adage - much as I try to dabble in other types of story, I find I can only write convincingly, at least to my own eyes, about subjects I have some understanding of. And those subjects are, sadly, a bit thin on the ground.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. But you'll feel better while writing, and with the satisfaction that comes from hitting the final period!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Writing is one of the most effective 'displacement activities' for me, there's no doubt about it, especially on the odd occasions when the final product is at least somewhat satisfying. I've only written a few hundred words of this story so far, and, after thinking about where the plot might lead while I was on the train to work last night, it might already be morphing slightly from the original version on the 'storyboard' in my head. I'll see how, or if, things go.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete