Monday 19 December 2011

Absence

Clinging like kids to each other.

A line from 1916 by Motorhead. The song is heart-rending enough in itself - check it out if you've never heard it - but that one line has had me in tears again this morning. Because I never had anyone to cling to when I was a kid, and still don't, in the way that I most want. I know that when I've said things like this before, people have commented that I've got my wife and daughter, and that should be enough for anyone, is far more than many others have. And I can't argue against that, in any way but one - the boy shaped hole in my heart that, in all probability, will never be filled. 

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

1 comment:

  1. I had to come read this before I could comment on the next post...I've been out of town, so had limited Internet time (only when brother and/or sis-in-law and/or nephew weren't looking over my shoulder).

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete