Wednesday 14 December 2011

Intensity

Something happened on the way into work yesterday evening that hadn't happened to me for a very long time, perhaps even stretching back decades. The train was rather busy, and I ended up sitting in one of the pull down seats, a strapontin as the French call them - English doesn't seem to have a directly equivalent word, sadly - in the cycle storage area in one of the carriages. At the next stop after mine, a boy got on, and ended up sitting opposite me. He wasn't, I think, quite of 'legal age' - if I had to guess, I'd have said he was 15 - but he was a lot nearer to being legal than the majority of cuties that catch my eye, and he was very attractive, nonetheless, tall, with largish hands and feet, dark-haired but not too 'grown-up' looking, and I watched him as much as I could without being too obvious. Another stop further on, and a cyclist boarded, the boy offering to move so that the man could store his bike more easily - and he came and sat more or less next to me! Just one empty seat between us. The seats faced towards the centre of the coach, so to look out of the window, the boy turned round in his seat, to his left, and this had the effect of moving him even closer to me, maybe just half a seat width away. After a minute or so, he half turned back towards his original position, ending up by sitting almost sideways in the seat, and seemingly looking straight at the side of my face. At that point, the unaccustomed thing happened - I started to get distinctly turned on. Just by his presence - there was no actual body contact - and his relative closeness. I'm not imagining for a moment that he had any real interest in me, but even the idea of the slightest possibility was exciting. Then, needless to say, the train arrived at my station, and I had to get off, while he stayed aboard, and it all fizzled out into one of those typically evanescent, never to be repeated moments that characterise my (non) interactions with boys. All the experience illustrates, I guess, is what a sad bastard I am, but it seemed like an intense situation at the time.
Then work was pretty intense, for quite a few hours, with a lot going on until well after midnight, before it finally began to wind down into the small hours - at least it made the time pass quickly, if nothing else, and my second batch of overtime of the week will at least boost the bank balance minimally when I get paid next week. The only intensity that's left now is intense tiredness, so I'm off for a good day's sleep.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment