Sunday 25 December 2011

Just because it's Christmas....

....it doesn't make the problems go away. Not only have I had to endure a Christmas morning with almost nothing to give my wife and daughter, but I've read something on another blog that has made me very concerned for the welfare of someone I care a great deal about. Neither issue is susceptible to remedy by any effort I might make, either, leaving me feel utterly impotent and useless. I've alluded a few times in recent days, mostly in comments, to the fact that I'm feeling very fragile emotionally just now, and the first half of today has done nothing to mitigate that situation. I'm sorry to be so downbeat on Christmas Day, but I can't pretend all is sweetness and light when, for me at least, it patently isn't.
Notwithstanding my issues, though, I hope everyone else is enjoying their Christmas.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

5 comments:

  1. Sammy,

    Send me an email, you can ask me anything.

    I will tell you what I am able to. Things aren't as hopeless as you might imagine, I think.

    But today, be happy and be with your family...and be thankful for them...dammit!!!

    Love,

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite all of it, try to have a good day today. I am sitting at home alone, not even a wife or daughter to share with (though that is partially my own fault).

    If you're referring to whom I think you're referring to, don't worry, I think he's OK.

    I hope you can find some joy in this wonderful day!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Andy
    I've done my best to keep my family 'out of the crossfire' today, and I don't think I've done too badly in that regard. I know I'm lucky to have them, even if the current circumstances aren't ideal.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jay
    He didn't sound all that OK in his comment on your blog, but I hope you're right. As I suggested in the post, there's nothing I can do either way, which is part of my problem. There has, indeed, never been anything concrete I've been able to do, and never will be, in any foreseeable circumstances. Would that I could.
    As I said to Andy, I've tried to be what my family would expect me to be during the day, and it's gone passably well. My ability to produce, if I might say so myself, a palatable and substantial Christmas dinner hasn't harmed my case. The way to girls' hearts are sometimes through their stomachs, too! I hope your day is going well.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Sammy,
    I think a lot of it has to do with his family and the pressure that can build around holidays. I trust his uncle to look out for him, and take care of him, so I think in that respect he'll be fine. There could be other reasons, and you're right, there's not much either of us can do to help, except remain open to giving him support if he asks for it, and being as nice as we can to him when he is available.
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete