Saturday 31 December 2011

Another year's end

The twilight of 2011, and, stereotypically for this time of year, a moment to consider where I am in my life. In some ways, not much has changed since this time last year. The financial quicksand is a little deeper and more treacherous than 12 months ago, and may have serious repercussions in the months to come, but all we can do for the moment is battle on and try to keep the plates spinning a little longer. On the personal front, it's much of the same, too. I'm still closeted, still a boylover, still boyless, still no prospect of any of those things changing any time soon. And maybe those things shouldn't change, despite the frustration that causes me. Even if I could find a boy in my 'age of attraction' that was willing and able to consent to a relationship, even one without a sexual component, the attitude of the world at large is so hysterically against any such contact that the chances of more harm than good coming of it are too high to make it a realistic possibility. In a nutshell, even if there was no sex and no intention of sex, very few, if anyone, would be prepared to believe that wasn't the ultimate goal. The 'paedo', the predator, is either doing it, or 'grooming' to facilitate it. All the 'right-thinkers' know that, don't they? Consensuality, consideration for anyone else, any sort of morality at all, can't exist in a boylover's character, can they, and, as for love, utterly unthinkable. This is all hypothetical, in any case, because I simply don't know any boys, even in passing, let alone well enough for there to be any prospect of anything more. I'll just keep taking the eye candy, and reading the stories - and dreaming.
To end, I'd like to wish everyone who visits my blogs, and especially those kind enough to follow and to comment, a happy, healthy, peaceful and prosperous 2012. My love goes out to you all, as ever.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

6 comments:

  1. HAPPY NEW YEAR, SAMMY!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    Thank you, and a Happy New Year to you. I hope 2012 is really good to you. And special thanks for being such a stalwart supporter of me and my blog in 2011 - I can assure you that your input is greatly valued.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before the sun goes down over 2011, before the net goes down due to overload, before I lose my mind, before I go too drunk and lose my phone - Happy New Year! I wish you the best 2012.

    Love
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, Sammy

    I can see that 2012 doesn't look promising for you; nevertheless I wish you and your family a happy New Year, and hope very much that you can find a way through the storms now on the horizon.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Daniel
    Thank you, and a Happy New Year. Enjoy your night, and all the best for 2012.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Mark
    We'll cross the bridges as we come to them, I guess, and do our best to keep the 'ship of state' afloat.
    I hope you have a Happy New Year, and a great 2012.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete