Saturday 10 December 2011

And the Student of the Year Award goes to....

....my daughter! She received her stage school's award for this year's highest achieving student at their 'end of term' performance and prizegiving this afternoon. She didn't know anything about it in advance, either, so she was genuinely surprised to have won. Mind you, I can be smugly self-satisfied, because I've been saying she's a born actress since she was 2 years old, and she can sing as well. Ironic, then, that it was my first day back at work today after almost two weeks off, so I missed the show and had to find out about her success by telephone. The joys of my schizoid lifestyle, again.
That apart, it's been an unremarkable enough day - bloody cold this morning, by Southern England standards, anyway, back to a load of the usual irritating crap from some of my colleagues, although, for once, homophobia was almost eclipsed by xenophobia and misogyny, a messy-ish shift, but less on the position I was covering that those of my colleagues, shopping on the way back to my accommodation, and then cyberspacing this afternoon and evening. And an early night coming on, I suspect - I'm knackered!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your daughter! That's pretty awesome. I'm sure she's well chuffed at her achievement, as well you should be, too.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    Yes, she's pleased with herself, in a nice way. And I'm proud of her - but that's almost invariably the case, anyway.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete