Sunday 23 December 2012

A cultural mixed metaphor, probably

Having finished today's (admittedly very straightforward) shift at work an hour or so ago, I'm awarding myself a couple of beers before braving the madness of the supermarket to complete my Christmas grocery shopping. The shop, and thus the pub I'm in, are situated in what is seen as an upmarket South West London suburb, five miles or so from where I work, but on the way back to 'base', very much 'middle class and upwards' territory. And, inspired by a post I've recently been perusing on a new blog from an old friend, I've been listening to some music on YouTube that's about as far from the tastes of the 'blue rinse set' prevalent around here as could be imagined, namely Extreme Noise Terror. When, a few months back, I induced one of my work colleagues to listen to one of their tracks, his immediate reaction was 'that's just a fucking noise'. Yeah, but a what an exciting noise!

Love & best wishes
 Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, there's definitely an uptick in the quality of music postings of late!

    MERRY CHRISTMAS, SAMMY!!!!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      My musical education is continuing apace!
      A very merry Christmas to you and yours - have a great time!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete