Tuesday 18 December 2012

The 'P'-word

I know I've said it before, somewhere in the history of this blog, but I feel the need to say it again. I hate the word, that pseudo-Greek abomination coined by a 19th century Austrian psychologist, hate everything about it, the way it's become an empty cypher, a generic insult, stripped of any worthwhile shade of meaning, and used by people, 99% of whom have no idea of its correct definition. But, most of all, I hate the way it's used to stifle discussion, even to suppress rational thought, to the point that anyone who so much as questions the received kneejerk reactions is vilified as, at the very least, a fellow-traveller of the predatory, if not culpable themselves.
Paedophile. The sooner it is consigned to the dustbin of history, the better.

Love & best wishes to all
 Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment