Friday 28 December 2012

Dissolution

Arriving back at base at 10:00 this evening, after a good trip to London with my daughter, interesting visits to the Science Museum and the Wellcome Collection interspersed with meanderings around the big city by bus, and punctuated with plenty of laughter, I was met by a letter. The final nail in the coffin, as it were, the notification that as of yesterday, my marriage was formally dissolved. Not that I wasn't expecting that last piece in the process which began on February 29, but it certainly took the lustre off of what had been a thoroughly enjoyable day to that point.
So, there it is. I'm officially on my own again, although, realistically, I was before that fateful phone call had even ended. And, needless to say, given that what I want is as close to unobtainable as makes no difference, that means I'm on my own permanently. I've seen what settling for second best means, and I've absolutely no interest in going there again.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Sigh...I can't say I can feel as you do, I hope that the finality will allow some relief. Please don't let it dampen your great time with your daughter. You didn't divorce her, nor vice-versa. There's many, many more years of fun and laughter there!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      There's certainly finality, but relief? I don't know. It all looks pretty blank towards my life's horizon, in all honesty. Yes, my daughter is still here, and that's something to cherish, but beyond that, there isn't very much, it seems to me. I guess I'll keep on going through the motions for now, but, long-term, that's not much of a basis for a satisfying life.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete