Monday 24 December 2012

Persecution, it's persecution!

I try not to be judgmental about people, I really do. I don't always succeed, because I freely admit that there is a quite a broad streak of the 'not suffering fools gladly' syndrome in my personality. There are times, though, when it's difficult to avoid. Having been on earlies today, I decided to begin the Christmas festivities, such as they are, in my 'London local'. I'd only been in the pub for about twenty minutes when a family group descended on the table next to mine, a couple in their early twenties with three young children, a girl of around seven, a three or four year old boy and a baby. Here comes the prejudicial bit, I guess. They were chavs. No doubt. Poor white trash, in US speak. The kids ran riot, the adults couldn't have cared less, it appeared. What really got under my skin, though, was hearing the father talking to a friend who'd appeared. About how he 'never bought a ticket on the train', but had been caught by ticket inspectors the past two days. And talking about it in in such a way as to clearly illustrate that, in consequence, he saw himself as a victim. 'Why should I pay?', that's obviously only for mugs. Yeah, the mugs subsidising parasites like you, you arsehole. The capitalist system is very far from being perfect, but, if everyone took his attitude, the whole economic basis of society would collapse, and tribal anarchy would doubtless ensue. If you want stuff, be it a train ride or a Ferrari, be prepared to work and pay for it. The whole system falls to bits otherwise.

Love & best wishes to all
 Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I feel exactly the way you do, Sammy. I hate it when people scam the system, especially over a few bucks (or pounds) here or there.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Not a very Christmassy sentiment, I'll admit, but Mr Fare Dodger really got up my nose with his attitude of heedless 'entitlement', of contempt for the rest of us who he evidently thinks owe him a living.
      No-one died, though, I guess, so let's get on with enjoying the festive season - I hope it's a good one for you and yours.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete