Monday 3 December 2012

Living my life the best I can

I finished work on a long break this evening, and I've taken the opportunity of my early escape to indulge myself with a visit to the pub in 'domicile-ville'. I've just overheard a conversation, between a group of slightly inebriated customers, that has left me more than a little reflective. One of the group was being criticised by one of the others, seemingly about something he'd posted on Facebook. His reply was to say 'I don't need your advice, I'm living my life the best I can'. All well and good, if you remain within the boundaries that society is prepared to tolerate. Once you take the smallest of steps outside those boundaries, though, you're immediately persona non grata, regardless of how good a person you are intrinsically. I guess that I'll appear to merely be feeling sorry for myself again, but I do find it frustrating, to say the least, that I'm likely to be judged by what people assume I will be like, given my attractions, rather than by the way that I actually live my life. Living the best I can isn't good enough for some.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps not, but for most of us, at least, who know you, we'll go for the real you, not the worst-first thinking of others.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I suppose it's only a theoretical issue, in that I'm not going to shout my orientation from the rooftops, but I do get depressed/frustrated/angry, depending on my mood of the moment, in being part of a group who are judged for what we are rather than what we do. 'Normal' men aren't assumed to be slavering rapists because they cast an admiring eye over an attractive woman, so why should anyone assume my casting a similarly admiring glance in the direction of someone I find attractive means anything more? I know there are those, like yourself, who are prepared to judge me on my merits, on my actions, but I'm afraid you're part of a rather small minority.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Hi,

    I am currently running a Ticket Give Away for Dick! An Adult Only Pantomine and I was just wondering if it would be something you or your readers might be interested in.

    It is being held in Leicester Square Theatre and running until January. Check out my blog post for more information. I am also running a cash give away, for those who cannot attend the show.

    http://ianjosephbrook.blogspot.ie/2012/12/dick-adult-panto-ticketcash-give-away.html

    Ian
    Mind Of Mine
    www.mindofmine.co.uk

    ReplyDelete