Wednesday 30 January 2013

A bit of a contrast

After the frigid weather that we've had here over the past week or two - and, yes, I know it's all relative, and that we've had it a lot better than many other places - today's almost spring-like conditions are a real treat. It's sunny, with lots of blue sky in evidence, and nearly warm enough to sit outside. A good day, all in all, to be off work, as I am. I'm up in West London again, plotting which permutation of bus routes might give me the best chance of espying some eye candy when the schools finish in an hour or so. Even if my overall situation is pretty frustrating, I do usually enjoy my 'Cutie Time' when I'm meandering in the afternoon, and I'm hoping that the nice weather will enhance the experience today - there's little joy in beholding bevies of cute boys if they're all swaddled up in hooded winter coats.
It'll be back to reality tomorrow, though, as I begin a run of 11 shifts in 10 days - I'm due one of my double shift Sundays this weekend - including a full week of nights. I can hardly wait!

 Love & best wishes to all
 Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Spring does bring out the best!!!

    I could not work like you do. Holy crap. Only one day off in 10, and 11 shifts including a double. I'd die about day 7.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      After 34 years of practice, the shifts just come and go, really. We're not allowed to do it these days, but I have, on a number of occasions in the past, worked considerably longer than a month without a day off.
      The bus routes I picked yesterday were a considerable success, but not as successful as one a couple of hours ago. New post to come!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete