Sunday 20 January 2013

Fragility, felicity and frigidity

I woke this morning feeling slightly the worse for wear, having consumed a little more alcohol yesterday than was strictly good for me, but, as usual in such circumstances, there was no-one to blame but myself, so it was just a case of getting on with the day. I was helped more than a little in that regard by a blog post that had appeared while I was sleeping off my excesses - a video of part of a gig by Extreme Noise Terror. They're definitely not to everyone's taste, as evidenced by a couple of the comments the post has attracted, but I love them, and the video certainly put a smile on my face.
The snow returned today, and, unusually, it was actually worse in London than down here in 'domicile-ville'. For once, though, the railway seemed to cope adequately with the wintry conditions, and, helped by a slightly earlier than expected escape from work, I've made it back without any problems. There's yet more of the dreaded white stuff forecast for tomorrow, though. I can hardly wait!

 Love & best wishes to all
 Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I know you loved that post! It was too EXTREME for me! HAHAAHAHA

    And you gotta invite me along if you intend to get to the "I hate myself" state more often.

    Glad no trains ran into each other. I would NOT have appreciated something like that when I was there!

    I can't wait for more snow! LET IT SNOW!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    Nothing like a bit of grindcore to blow the cobwebs away! And when it's posted for you (I hope I'm not being presumptuous here), it's all the better.
    My trip to the pub on Saturday wasn't because of a down mood at all - I just called in for a few drinks on my way back from work, having little else to do given the snow, and stayed rather longer than I'd intended. It's always that 'last one' that does the damage! And if you want our snow, you're welcome to it! Would that I could post it to you!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete