Friday 18 January 2013

No redeeming features

A little bit of Hitchhiker to start the evening:

“Life,” said Marvin dolefully, “loathe it or ignore it, you can’t like it.” 

Substitute the word 'snow' for 'life' at the beginning of that sentence, and it just about sums up how I feel about the weather and its doings at the moment. Yes, the snow we've been threatened with for almost a week, and that other parts of the UK have already been afflicted with, arrived at around 9:00 this morning in this neck of the woods, and is now here with a vengeance, and, to judge by the forecasts, will be here for several days to come. I can hardly restrain my enthusiasm. I mean, what's not to like? Apart from the fact that it's cold, wet, slippery and screws up just about every aspect of life, especially, as I've said before, in this country, where we seem to be congenitally incapable of coping with it, nothing at all. Not. If anyone catches me moaning about rain, ever again, please don't hesitate to shoot me.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Our snow turned out to be rather ugly. Big clumps, nasty stuff. Nothing pretty at all. And only a two hour delay for work today. Oh well, 2 extra hours of sleep, I'll take it. Now it's a 3 day weekend, thanks to Martin Luther King, Jr. Day on Monday.

    Hope yours is nicer.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Well, I managed to make it to work and back again today without undue alarms - some of yesterday's snow has thawed this morning, although there's still far more than I would like around the place. And we're being threatened with a load more tomorrow. Lovely! Enjoy your long weekend.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete