Saturday 26 January 2013

Quiet

I've done something today that I haven't done for some months - stayed at my accommodation for more or less the whole day. I am working tonight, but I don't start until 11:30, so I could quite easily have gone out, had I chosen to, but, apart from a much-postponed shopping trip, and that just to the supermarket at the end of the road, I haven't been anywhere. Most of the day has involved the laptop, as usual in these circumstances, although I can't claim to have done anything wildly productive, apart, maybe, from adding a few paragraphs to one of my stories, another of those that's been in draft for about 18 months, but one which, over the past few days, I've started to think about again. Whether it will ever be finished is, however, an entirely different question. Amazing how the 'creative' process works, sometimes - sitting here now, thinking about how, or even whether, to describe what sort of story it is, I've had an idea of how the story might end. It's rather reminiscent, I'm afraid, of a fairly famous novel, later made into an even more famous film, but I might be able to give the scenario a fresh twist, you never know. As ever with my literary endeavours, though, absolutely no promises!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I thought I was going to have a quiet day, and then the phone rang. I spent the last 7 hours at a friend's house with his son and wife, all great friends. We had a ball. I needed to get out, like sometimes, you need to stay in.

    Glad you're writing again.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I'm glad you had a good day - as I think we said recently when the positions were reversed, and I had my unexpected meet-up in London, sometimes the impromptu things are the best.
      The writing, as ever, comes and goes, with more emphasis, sadly, on the going. I think this story, though, if I can get properly back into it, could be worthwhile - it isn't wildly different from many of my others, but different enough, I hope, to potentially interest at least a few people.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete