Sunday 27 January 2013

Wilting a bit

After spending so much of yesterday at base, 15 of the next 22 hours were spent at work, as my one-off night shift was all too quickly followed by a late shift this afternoon. I can't complain - well, I can complain, but it would be a bit hypocritical, because both shifts were overtime, and thus completely voluntary. I'm running on empty a bit, having had about 90 minutes sleep since 8:30 yesterday morning, but at least I should sleep well tonight!
I caught up with my daughter this evening, after a couple of days of pre-arranged 'radio silence'. Her new boyfriend stayed over last night - separate bedrooms, of course, they are both only 14, after all, and while I wouldn't have too many moralistic qualms if it was other than it is, I have no doubt my ex would disagree - and she still seems happy with the way the way the relationship is developing, which makes me happy in return. This probably won't be the the 'love of my life' moment for her - although I stand to be corrected - but if it's good for her while it lasts, and she emerges undamaged, it will have been a good thing.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I must say that I am soooo glad the shift work, and 24/7 call is over for me. I never did adjust well to either. I am a "regular" sleeper!

    Interesting about the sleepover. I can't imagine being allowed to have an opposite sex sleepover at 14! (Of course, no one knew that I preferred same sex sleepovers which were fine, of course.)

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    Like you, I have no doubt whatsoever that my parents, especially my mother, wouldn't have countenanced a girl sleeping over when I was in my early teens, but, also like you, it wasn't what I wanted, anyway. Being the loner that I was, sleepovers of any kind weren't really on my agenda, although there was one 'near miss', in more ways than one, when I was staying in Manchester for a family wedding when I was around 14 - I (chastely) shared a double bed with a family friend, who was friend of mine, too, a boy a couple of years younger than me, who, not long after that, certainly by his mid-teens, came out as gay, almost unheard-of in mid-70's Britain. Undoubtedly one of those 'what if?' moments in my life.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete