Friday 25 January 2013

It's raining!

Not something that would ordinarily be a cause for celebration in my life, but, just for once, I really don't mind, because it's a harbinger of the end of the cold weather we've been 'enjoying' for the past week or more. Most of the snow, at least here in 'domicile-ville', has gone, although that's far from being the case everywhere - I found myself crossing Hampstead Heath earlier on, albeit on the top deck of a nice warm bus as opposed to anything more energetic, and, even allowing for the fact that it's one of the highest points in Greater London, I was surprised at how much snow was still on the ground up there, and I know that other places in the UK have had even more than that. As with most things, though, it's all relative - after hearing, elsewhere in cyberspace, of temperatures of -7°F, and a windchill equivalent to -35°F in recent days, I'll readily settle for what we've had!
Warmer thoughts were elicited by an encounter this afternoon, though, as I spent the best part of half an hour in close proximity to my second stunning cutie this week, on a bus across Central London. He wasn't quite as mind-numbingly gorgeous as the boy on the train on Monday, but there wasn't that much in it. Impure thoughts doesn't even begin to cover it!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. It's SNOWING here! Took an hour and 25 minutes to drive 22 miles...idiots...

    Probably will be gone by tomorrow...

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      At least you're heading into the weekend - I hope the weather doesn't disrupt your plans too much.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Hi there, Sammy

    I think rained here overnight; now the sun is out, and the temperature is rising steadily. I'm also enjoying the increasing daylight hours: soon it will be sunrise before I wake, and sunset after I finish work!

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mark
      Yes, considerably milder today, as I found when I went out shopping a little while back, and most welcome. And, like you, I'm looking forward to the lighter evenings - as I've said before, the lack of daylight is far my least favourite aspect of winter, easily outweighing virtually anything the weather can throw at us!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete