Wednesday 9 January 2013

Cold

It is, and I've got one. It's all relative, of course - by the standards of anywhere with a continental type of climate, it's positively sybaritic, but it's a lot chillier than the past few days, while my state of health is far from being life-threatening, but is substandard enough to be a nuisance, at least. Not that these vicissitudes have kept me grounded today - as is my wont when I'm not working, I've been up in London for most of the day, although I'm back in 'domicile-ville' now. Not that I've done anything of any great consequence, but I've kept myself out of mischief, if nothing else. There was an interesting few minutes when I was in the Wetherspoons in 'work-town' earlier - the place seemed suddenly to be swarmed with boys. I must have seen ten or twelve, not all together, but in three or four distinct (presumably) family groups. Not really what you expect to see in a pub, but it goes without saying that I wasn't complaining!

 Love & best wishes to all
 Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I thought I was coming down with something, but I've felt better today. Hopefully, the predicted weather this weekend will help (how about temps around 19C this weekend?).

    Swarms, eh? Lucky you!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      19°C in January would be most acceptable! I'm not holding my breath in expectation of that eventuality, though.
      The 'boy-swarm' was a bit bizarre, really - they all appeared literally within two or three minutes of each other, and then seemed to disappear off the face of the earth, or off the face of the pub, at least. All just meant to tantalise me and my weaknesses, probably. If it was a test, I failed, dismally!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete