Tuesday 1 January 2013

Turn of the year....

....turn of the tide? Probably not, not least because 'the turn of the year' is purely a calendrical artefact, there being no special reason, other than convention, that the year should begin on January 1, but, that said, one of the first things that I saw online in 2013 was something that lifted my spirits considerably. I might be able to become involved in a collaboration with not only the person in cyberspace I care most about, but with my daughter as well. She was certainly enthusiastic when I discussed it with her this evening. Early days, of both the year and the 'project', of course, but something positive to begin 2013 with.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

6 comments:

  1. Sounds good, Sammy!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I've already jotted a few ideas down (if jotting is the right word to use if you're doing it on a laptop!), and my daughter, as I said, was keen on playing her part, so now it's a case of not just doing it, but doing it justice.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Hi there, Sammy

    Best of luck with your collaboration, and with the year in general.

    The "turn of the year" may be a calendrical convention, but the winter solstice is as objective an astronomical event as the tides. There's no reason, of course, that an individual's fortunes should be affected by celestial motions, but I hope nonetheless that the coming light and warmth marks some greater happiness for you too.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mark
      If this project does come to fruition, and I hope it will, I want to it to be as good as it can be, for reasons I'm sure you'll appreciate. The work has begun, at least.
      The solstice day would be a much more logical, scientifically based day to begin the year, but that's what comes of using a calendar originally constructed under the aegis of a politician, then revised by a pontiff, I guess!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  3. Yes, January 1st is just another day on the calendar, but I still feel it is a good day to start something new, or end something old. I hope this project and the year are better for you. Keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ian
      New Year can be a psychological watershed, even if, in reality, it's just another day. As you suggest, though, there's no harm in hoping for the best, and, in that vein, I hope 2013 is a happy and successful year for you.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete