Saturday 19 January 2013

Injustice

I've been vacillating about whether to post this, or not, for the past couple of hours. But, as I've said before, this blog is the primary place for me to be me, the place where I can be genuinely honest, so I'm going to go for it. Even though it might very well cause people, even those who have tolerated me hitherto, to hate me. If that's the case, then sobeit - I am what I am, and I can't be anything else.
It had to be him, too - of all the bigoted, homophobic pricks I've ever had the misfortune to have worked with, it had to be him. The shift manager I fell out with during the Olympics used to work at Kings Cross, an area infamous for prostitution, certainly in the past, although whether that's still the case I have no idea. He told the tale this morning of an encounter he'd supposedly had during his time there, when he found himself near the station entrance at around 1:00 in the morning, and was accosted by a boy prostitute, around 14 years old. The way he told it, he lectured the boy about his lifestyle, about how he should have been at home, blah, blah, blah. My immediate reaction was to put my head in my hands, because I couldn't help but wish that it had been me that the boy had approached. Rather than moralising at him, I would have engaged him, at least, if it had happened today, I would have engaged him, tried to look after him, materially and physically - I certainly would have paid him far more than the derisory amount he allegedly asked for - treated him with respect, but, yes, I would have gone to bed with him, had it been in any way practicable. That's it, really - there isn't much more I can say. After 40 years of wanting, I wouldn't have been able to resist. If that makes me evil, then I'm evil. Sorry.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. My biggest question would have been whether or not the boy was actually gay, or merely offering his body to men because they're the ones who will pay him for sex. You don't hear of too many women buying boys on the street. My fear in a situation like this would be that he'd say almost anything to get off the street, so in reality nothing much would change for him except as you point out, he would be much safer, well fed, respected. But if he wasn't gay and wanting the same thing, then he's still just a prostitute, albeit one much better off than his peers.
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Prostitution, by definition almost, is about money rather than desire. I'm making not the slightest claim of my being 'moral' in this context, except in as far as I would never mistreat a boy, in this situation, or any other. But, gay or straight, I would, as I said in the post, have engaged the boy sexually, as long as he was willing. I'd be lying if I said anything else.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete