Wednesday 23 January 2013

Cats and dogs

I came across this post during my cyberspace meanderings earlier, about a 'campaign', if that's the right word, to rid the world of domestic cats. Quite apart from the sheer impracticality of the proposition, I have to say I can't agree, because I've always been something of a cat lover, even if, for the most part, the cats that have been part of my life, in typical feline fashion, have only deigned to reciprocate on their own terms, and on the odd occasions they felt like it.
If, on the other hand, the campaign was to eradicate domestic dogs....where do I sign?!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA!!! See, I'm exactly the opposite, having had both, and never been attacked by one of my dogs, though one of my cats (a rescued one, no less) put me in the emergency room with a fever of 105 after attacking me twice in one night. But I tend toward loving animals so I wouldn't want to eradicate either of them, just keep them indoors (cats) or otherwise under control (dogs) and then everyone would be happy!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      The 'eradication of dogs' comment was tongue in cheek, of course - I know a lot of people get a lot from their relationships with their dogs, even if I'm not amongst them. As you suggest, it's the human side of the equation that causes what problems there are, like most things - some people find it too much like hard work to be a responsible pet owner.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Hi there

    I think I'm somewhere in between: I like both cats and dogs (if well-behaved), and I would be sorry to lose either. I can certainly relate to both - sometimes I want to be on my own, and sometimes I want to be with people.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mark
      Like most things, it's all a matter of personal taste, I think - I was rather scared of dogs when I was young, and I think that's where my antipathy to the canine stems from, ultimately. And, to follow on from your drawing of parallels, I think there's far more of the feline than the canine in my own personality - I can 'do people' sometimes, but it needs to be on my terms, if I'm being honest. Maybe I was a cat in some previous life!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete