Sunday 13 January 2013

An unexpected meeting

But certainly not an unwelcome one. I've been off today, and, despite a little early indecision about how I might spend the time, I did the predictable, getting ready and heading up to London. As usual, I'd been meandering around, seeing one or two new corners of the capital, and looking out for eye candy, being rewarded, if that's the right word, with a fleeting view of one of the cutest boys I've seen for weeks, on a bus on the way into Central London. All routine enough, and all the more so as, in early afternoon, I began to make my way across town towards my 'London local'. That, though, was when I received a text message which changed my plans, such as they were. A good friend was also in London, on, as it turned out, a visit which he didn't even know he was going to make until this morning, and was free for a couple of hours during the late afternoon and early evening, so we arranged to get together. Nothing wildly out of the ordinary ensued, it was just a case of drinks and conversation, but, given my largely solitary lifestyle these days, it really made a refreshing change. Undoubtedly a more congenial Sunday than I'd been expecting.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I love meet ups like that. I had one last Thursday when a friend I hadn't seen in months texted to see if I wanted to meet up for dinner. Then a second friend joined in. Thoroughly enjoyable! Glad you, too, had a great time!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Yes, it was a pleasant surprise, and a pleasant couple of hours. The impromptu nature of such meetings often does make them, not so much more enjoyable, but enjoyable in a different way, than events planned weeks or months ahead. I'm glad your meet-up went well, too.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete